Carbo KS is a fast-drying, solvent-based coating that protects Carbon-Carbon components from oxidation during use as braking materials for aerospace or heavy mining-agricultural-construction trucks/equipment. By simply applying, drying, and curing at 371 C (700 F) for 1-2 hours, a very robust coating is formed onto the Carbon-Carbon, protecting parts from oxidation/degradation at 816 C (1500 F) and above.
Product size: 1 quart (946.353 ml) resealable bottle.
*Gallon available. Email or call for details.
- One-time cure at 371 C (700 F) for 1-2 hours to easily “set” the coating
- Specifically designed for Carbon-Carbon substrates
- Protects from oxidation to above 816 C (>1500 F)
- Capable of thermal cycling from ambient to use-temperatures without spalling or degradation
- Improves performance and durability of C-C braking systemsTough, robust coating forms on applying and drying
- Stopping oxidation and deterioration of C-C composites from high-temperature intermittent exposure cycles
- Reduces moisture pickup during ambient temperature downtime