Rigidizer that Seals in Surface Dust on Refractories While Providing a Refractory Surface.
Toughseal is a water-alcohol-based liquid which can be applied by bristle-brush, foam-rubber-brush, pump-sprayers and the like to most refractory materials such as brick, blankets, foams, pulp-molded surfaces, etc. The Toughseal has a pH of 2-3, which should be considered for some possible interactions (i.e., the surface being treated should be stable with an acidic material). Toughseal can sometimes provide a good base for applying refractory top coatings (i.e., when used on fibrous surfaces, etc.) — working well with acidic pH coatings. Other properties – relatively short shelf life of 3-6 months; used in all atmospheres to 1600°C.
- Water-resistant after thorough drying [150-350 C for complete water insolubility] • Forms very tough phosphate-silicate bond
- Low Suspendability of ‘ ller’ powders
- Forms high hardness coatings
- Good in all atmospheres, including air
- Outgassing (H2O, NOx, COx) – complete by 600 C
- Safe, water-based
- No cure needed
- Sealer of surfaces with fibers, dust
- Rigidizer for ceramic fabrics/blankets