Type Y is a relatively-soft, washcoat-type of Yttrium Oxide (Y2O3) coating that provides very-high-purity (99.99% pure) Y2O3 which is usable in vacuum and inert atmospheres to 2000°C (3632°F). This coating should NOT be used in air atmospheres, use Y Aerosol in that case.
- Low electrical conductivity
- Low thermal conductivity
- Superior high-temperature thermodynamic stability with molten metals, glasses, slags, and salts
- Inert barrier for reactions, diffusion bonding, brazing, etc.
- Applies like house paint (brush, dip, air-spray)
- Easily applied by air spraying on to hot or cold graphite crucibles and molds
- Great with highly reactive molten metals
- Safe, Water-Based
- Graphite crucibles and molds
- Anti-stick with diffusion bonding
- Superplastic forming lubricant