Type YK is a relatively-soft, low-viscosity, solvent-based washcoat-type of Yttrium Oxide (Y2O3) coating that provides very-high-purity Y2O3 (99.99% pure), which is usable in vacuum and inert atmospheres to 2000°C (3632°F). This coating should NOT be used in air atmospheres (use Y-Aerosol for air). Type YK gives minimal outgassing, complete by 350°C (662°F).
- Provides, in a solvent-based paint, the great properties of Y2O3
- Low electrical conductivity
- Low thermal conductivity
- Superior high-temperature thermodynamic stability with molten metals, glasses, slags, and salts
- Inert barrier for reactions, diffusion bonding, brazing, etc.
- Applies like house paints
- Completely outgassed at low temperature – ideal for mold coating
- Great with highly reactive molten metals
- Graphite crucibles and molds
- Anti-stick with diffusion bonding
- Superplastic forming lubricant