BNW is a near-neutral-pH paste or concentrate that can be applied in thick layers or diluted with water to yield relatively-soft, washcoat-type of coating or a release coating. This paste provides excellent nonwetting and release with aluminum, magnesium, zinc and other nonferrous metals and alloys. Paste has no outgassing other than water when heated.
- Can be applied by troweling as well as brushing or diluted to use for air-spraying or dipping.
- Use “as-is” as a trowelable paste or dilute with water at a 2:1 (water-to-paste) or even greater level to make a great BN release coating
- Release coating can be used as a top coating over thermal insulating coatings to give mirror-like finishes and excellent mold release
- Ideal for use on mild steel, cast iron, and all acidic-pH-sensitive materials
- Totally non-wetted by molten aluminum, magnesium, zinc and their drosses
- Safe, water-based
- Permanent Molds
- Barrier Layer
- Filling gaps/holes
- Ring Seal (when diluted)