Zircwash is a water-based paint that yields a low-to-medium-hardness coating that is 97% Zirconium Oxide [Unstabilized] and 3% Aluminum Oxide after heating to >600°C (1112°F). Easy-to-use coating that can be used to 2000°C (3632°F). Since the coating contains no silica, Zircwash is far superior to Zircon (Zirconium Silicate) coatings for melting/casting operations.
- Resistant to Many Molten Metals
- Very Low Thermal Conductivity
- Applied Like House Paint
- Safe, Water-Based, No VOC’s
- Crucible/Mold Coatings for High-Purity Molten Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Metals
- Low-Thermal-Conductivity Layer
- Anti-stick/Reaction-Barrier Layer