Type T is a relatively-soft, washcoat-type of Titanium Carbide coating that provides a high-purity (>99% ) layer which is usable in vacuum and inert atmospheres to >2000 C (>3632 F). This coating should NOT be used in air atmospheres.
$232.00 – $697.00
- Very stable coating on Graphite substrates
- Stops Graphite diffusion into parts or topcoatings
- Applies like housepaint – brush, dip, or spray
- Safe, Water-Based
- Coating Graphite crucibles, molds, and trays
- Barrier coating to carbothermic reduction of oxide coatings in vacuum (typically extends use-temperatures of oxide topcoatings by 100-200 C)