NovaMix HC Powder Kit
NovaMix HC powder performs almost as well as our ready-to-use coating equivalent, BN Hardcoat-CM, with strong erosion resistance and good adherence to ceramic, metal, or graphite substrates, while also being nonwetted by molten nonferrous metals and alloys. It is usable to 900 C in all environments.
- No worries about freezing
- Economical: shipped as powder, which avoids shipment cost of heavy water-based paint
- Easily made into paint by the user: add water, and stir or mix until uniform
- Easily applied after making into liquid-paint: use like housepaint
- Ease of application: gray during first application for enhanced visibility [Note: turns white after heating to above 700 C in air]
This formulation is sold in a sealed plastic bag of powder with the amount to add to 1-gallon of water and yields approximately 1.5 gallons of paint.
- In a clean 2 gallon or larger container (included), add one gallon of water (3.8 kg/8.3 pounds)
- Add the contents of the bag of powder
- Secure the lid. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. After shaking, a drill mixer can be used to further blend the paint until uniform.
- Clean surfaces to be coated of any oil, dirt, scale, etc.
- Apply one or more layers by brush or spray, like ordinary house paint, drying after each layer.
- Allow to thoroughly dry before use. The coated part can now be placed into service.