Maskote Zinc Stop-Off (Case of 4)
Maskote Zinc Stop-Off is a specially formulated solvent-based paint that withstands normal alkaline and acid-cleaning operations before galvanizing and then, with galvanizing, masks off the coated areas and prevents zinc-steel alloying. To use, simply paint, dry (fast-drying due to its solvent), and place into service (no “cure” needed). We recommend to initially test out Maskote with different thicknesses to determine the optimum one for a particular galvanized part. After galvanizing, the coating is easily removed with pressurized water rinse and/or by mechanical means.
- Case includes four of our 1 gallon Maskote containers.
- Stops galvanizing in unwanted areas
- Fast drying, solvent-based (flammable)
- Allows both alkaline and acid cleaning after coating
- Easy-to use: applies like house paints by brushing or dipping
- Apply like house paint
- Galvanizing Stop-Off or Maskant