A ready-to-use water-based, totally inorganic, pH-Acidic (like lemon juice) white paste that
is designed to produce a tough, flexible, abrasion-resistant and water-resistant coating of Boron Nitride on all substrates – cloths, metals, ceramics and graphite. BN ZAPA is a paste with Zirconium Oxide binder and is particularly designed for applying to cotton, cotton-polyester or ceramic fabrics or cloths.
BN ZAPA can be applied by trowel, spatula, putty knife, squeegee or paint brush. Cure the applied coating at approximately 130 C if water insolubility is desired. The coating itself is usable to over 1652 F (over 900 C). Thinner coatings give the best results.
- Adherent to most all materials; withstands thermal cycles
- Water insoluble after heating to approx. 130 C for <= 1 hr
- Minimal outgassing on heatup, with water vapor as the evolved species
- High temperature stability: does not glaze, melt, run, become tacky or lose adherence
- Easily applied, like house paint
- Water-based; utensils are readily cleaned up with water
- Coating cotton or polyester fabrics, and safety cloths
- Coating ceramic cloths/fabrics or heat-resistant textiles, tapes, felts, or pads for use at high temperatures
- Providing a water-insoluble Boron Nitride coating on a substrate