BN Releasecoat-PM is a concentrated paint that is fully-loaded with Boron Nitride. PM provides a thick, dilutable paint in a paste-like consistency, which can be modified by simply adding water. Given this concentrated form, PM saves on shipping costs. Typical dilution is 2 parts water to 1 part concentrate. When diluted PM is a relatively-soft, washcoat-type of coating.
BN Releasecoat-PM provides excellent nonwetting and release with aluminum, magnesium, zinc and other nonferrous metals and alloys.
- Perfect for top coating over thermal insulating coatings.
- Provides “cosmetic”/mirror-like surface finish with excellent mold release
- Ideal for low-draft, high-drag regions for wheel casting
- Easily applied by air spraying on to hot or cold molds
- Safe, water-based
- Permanent Molds
- Low Pressure or Gravity Die casting